3 Simple Yet Effective Ways to Modernize Your Home Décor in 2022
Are you working on your to-do list for 2022, and do you want to include some home renovations on the list? Perhaps you want to make your home appear more modern and fresh rather than tired and dated. This can be an overwhelming task as it’s the kind of project that can quickly snowball. A great way to prevent that is to have a plan and pinpoint specific areas and items in the house to modernize. Here are three simple yet effective ways to modernize your home décor in 2022, making sure it doesn’t spiral out of control.
1. Invest in New Furniture Pieces
While it’s probably unnecessary to re-furnish the entire home, investing in some new pieces can have a transformational effect. The key is to choose pieces that will be noticeable in the room and make a statement. It can have a trickle-down effect and even make the older pieces appear new and fresh.
So, which pieces should you replace? Here are some great places to start:
- Coffee tables are a must for any family or living room. They add character, bring a design concept together, and provide a functional purpose. There is no need for them to match exactly with existing pieces. Rather they should flow with what is in the room. Depending on the size and layout of the room, you may only have space for one, or perhaps you can pick up a couple.
- A new dining table can be quite expensive and unnecessary. Instead, jazz things up with new dining chairs. Again, it changes the look of the existing piece, yet it’s much cheaper than a whole new dining set.
- New couches can be another fabulous way to update a room, and let’s face it, couches get used a lot, so they don’t last forever. They become uncomfortable, less supportive, faded, and worn over time.
2. Change the Color Palette in the Home
One of the most effective changes you can make is to choose a new color palette in terms of paint. However, you need to proceed with caution as you want to choose a color that will still work with the existing furniture, fixtures, and décor – in other words, make sure this project doesn’t snowball out of control.
There are a couple of ways you can change the color palette without having to change everything else. You can stick with a neutral color, which is usually what experts suggest, or stick with the same color but step it up or down in terms of intensity.
3. Hang New Artwork and Decorative Pieces
Finally, it may be time to scrap your current décor and opt for new, more modern pieces. This can include artwork, wall hangings, personal framed photos (choose more recent ones), and decorative items that may sit out on tables and shelves. Again, you can choose a new style, color, or theme and let that act as the anchor.
A Fresh New Take for 2022
Hope that these effective ways to modernize your home décor in 2022 in terms of home décor and style will help you.