Prepare Your House For Selling: 4 Tips For A Fast Home Sale
When you’re planning to sell your house, you’ll be faced with a lot of questions. How much should the house cost? Where can one find the best potential buyers? How long will it be before the house is sold?
Especially if you’re pressured by time, you’d want to gather potential buyers and sell the house as soon as possible. When selling during trying times and in a difficult economic situation, it would be ideal to know the best methods of efficiently preparing your house for sale.
While you may want to enlist the services of a real estate agent, you may also sell a house by owner, and this method is just as effective. Even if this is your first time selling a house, know that it’s completely doable. You’ve just got to be willing to put in the right amount of effort.
It can be stressful to sell your house fast, especially when you don’t know anything about selling houses. However, there are ways to speed up the process. To guide you, here are 4 tips for a fast home sale:
Sell Your House At The Right Time
In the real estate market, there’s a fruitful time to sell houses. This is typically true during the spring months. If you have no other choice but to sell your house during the winter season, then go ahead and push for it. There are many success stories of houses getting sold during the wintertime. However, if you’re willing to wait, selling during spring is the best option.
Generally, more buyers are out looking for homes in the spring season. A lot of this has to do with the weather. For some families with children, they preferably buy houses during school breaks, since they’ll have more time in their hands.
That said, here are other convincing reasons to sell your home this spring:
- The demand for houses during springtime is high.
- Some homeowners are more open to visiting houses during the spring season when the weather is nice and convenient.
Price Your House Right
If you’re selling your house all by yourself, you have to figure out the right price for your property. Otherwise, if your house is priced too low, you won’t get the best deal out of it. If it’s priced too high, your property isn’t going to be attractive price-wise in the competitive market.
Even if you’re selling the house by yourself, this doesn’t mean you can’t seek the help of experts in this aspect. One effective way to ensure you’re pricing your house properly is to have its market value determined by appraisers. This way, you can set an appropriate price based on its size, location, and condition.
Apart from enlisting an appraiser, here are other effective tips to price your house correctly:
- Study past sales. This means studying other houses around your area, of approximately the same size that have been sold recently.
- Leave some room for negotiation. Buyers will always haggle over the price. This is why you shouldn’t start with a price that’s too low. Otherwise, when they bargain, you might end up saying no as the price would then be dangerously low. This can discourage buyers from further dealing with you. A realistic price should also leave an allowance for negotiation.
- Think like a buyer. Put yourself in the buyers’ shoes. How much are you willing to pay for a house like yours? Your answer to this question can help you set the right price.
Get Professional Photos Taken
Before you post your house on social media sites and listings, it’s advantageous to have professional photos taken. While this may cost you more than if you were to take the photos yourself, this expense will be worth it once your home’s marketability improves. Plus, this is an expense you can make up for by adding it to your home’s selling price.
The photos of your house should highlight its best features. While this may sound so easy, it’s best to leave this job in the hands of experts. Here are other good reasons why:
- They’ve got art direction, which means your house will look more amazing in the photos.
- They know how to get the right and best angles of your house.
- They have the skills to create the right first impression through photos.
Declutter And Depersonalize
There are two general chores you’ll have to complete before putting your house up for sale. These can be categorized as decluttering and depersonalizing.
For the former, this means getting rid of all clutter in your home—anything that’s an eyesore. If there’s anything you no longer need, then it’s time for you to dispose of it. The more spacious the house looks, the better. This way, buyers will get an unobstructed view of your beautiful house.
Meanwhile, depersonalizing means taking down family photos, memorabilia, and other personal items. Your home becomes more attractive to potential buyers when you allow them to envision what life is going to be like for their family when they move in. While going around your home, buyers will want to imagine where they’re going to place their personal items. If yours are still in the way, this will only be difficult for them to accomplish.
To help you out, here are some decluttering tips that can come in handy:
- Sort through the coats, accessories, and jackets that may be crowding your hallway, and remove these.
- Clear away any pet cages and other pet-related items you have lying around your house.
- Remove oversized pieces and unnecessary furniture.
- Declutter kitchen surfaces by packing away appliances you won’t be using temporarily.
- Remove fridge magnets, vouchers, coupons, receipts, and kids’ artwork from the fridge and other fixtures.
These are some of the tips to sell your house fast. Whether you’ve got a big and luxurious home, a bungalow, or an apartment, these tips will all come in handy. By following them, you’re guaranteed to find a sure buyer. While it can be challenging, one of the known benefits of selling your house is that it’s always going to be in demand. After all, people will always need a place to stay.
These tips can help you get noticed in the market and assist you on matters such as pricing, listing, and even closing the deal so you can sell your house in no time.
Thank you for reading 4 Tips For A Fast Home Sale