Various Kinds, Designs, and Features of Swimming Pools
There are many benefits to having your own pool. For one thing, it can serve as a source of amusement to you and your family, especially if you have a large one. It can also increase the value of your home (which could bode well for you if ever you plan to sell it in the future). But aside from these, there are other benefits too, such as the following:
- There are fitness benefits for all people. Swimmers can get their regular form of exercise, and even non-swimmers can engage in some low-impact aquatic exercises.
- You get to control its cleanliness, which is an advantage you will never have with a public pool.
- It bodes well for your social life in that it gives you a reason to organize parties and invite friends, neighbors, and relatives over.
If you’ve ever thought about installing a pool in your home (or if the reasons above were enough to convince you), then here are some must-know details before you arrange to install one:
Think about the type of pool you want to have. You have the following options:
- Regular – This refers to the standard, average-sized in-ground pool. This is the type commonly found in most homes.
- Infinity pool – This type creates the illusion of the water disappearing over the edge of the pool. It’s extremely popular in modern homes.
- Lap pool – This type is not very common, but they are designed for the purpose of exercise. They are so-called because they are perfect for swimming laps in.
- Indoor pool – This type is perfect for when you live in a place with a cold climate or when you want a little privacy when bathing.
- Screened-in pool – If you live in a place where there are lots of bugs, insects, or wildlife, this is the right type for you and your family. You will be well-protected against these creatures when swimming or lounging by the pool.
- Salt-water – If you don’t like having chlorine or other types of chemicals in your water, this is the perfect pool for you.
- Zero-entry – This type of pool is similar to a pool or a lake in that it features a gradual type of entry, which is suitable if you have small children in your family.
You must also consider the particular shape of your pool, some of which are the following:
- Rectangular – Lap pools are often in this shape because it allows a person to swim long, uninterrupted laps. This is also perfect if you have limited space.
- Roman – This type is rectangular in shape but features distinctive round ends, exuding a classic appeal. This is suitable for yards that have similar architectural styles and angles.
- Free-form – This pool is known for irregular shapes and styles. They don’t follow any distinct geometric shape but have lots of curves or flowing lines. Because of its shape, a free-form pool requires ample backyard space.
- L-shaped – This type also requires lots of space and is perfect for when you have a large family or regularly hold large parties in your home.
When having a pool set up, it’s also important to think about what kind of features you want it to have:
- Fencing – This feature is critical especially if you have young kids in your home.
- Slides/Diving boards – These features are quite risky, but they can be amazing features to have if they are well-constructed.
- Bar – If you like entertaining large parties of people, this is for you.
- Cave – Your kids will love this feature. It also adds a theme of romance to your pool. You can build faux rock structures next to the pool and add a cave element to it.
- Lighting – This is a feature that will add a touch of sophistication to your pool, especially at night.
- Cabana – If you have the space and the money to spare, you can create this separate structure to serve as a place where you and your guests can hang out.
When installing a pool in your home, it is crucial that you hire a reputable pool builder like Premier Pools to ensure excellent quality design and construction also it is important to know how to clean a green swimming pool. Once you have a pool of your own, you and your family can have your own luxurious “staycation” in the comfort and privacy of your backyard anytime you want.