The history of David and Victoria Beckham in the housing market
from a $190.000 humble Manchester home to the $32m West London’s swish Holland Park mansion
1996-1999 David Beckham’s first home bought at the age of 21. This is also the house where Victoria carried her first pregnancy. David bought this Manchester house for $190,000 in 1996 by the time when he was playing for Manchester United. They moved out in 1999 before their wedding.
- 1998-2002 They bought this 2 bedroom penthouse in an victorian house located in Alderley Edge, Cheshire for $400,000. This is where Brooklyn was born in May 1999. The interior decoration of the penthouse was made by Victoria: “I designed it all. I picked up bits and pieces from all over America and Europe. When we were on tour, my mum would come out to America with chunks of skirting board in her suitcase for me to look at.”
3. 2002-2004 The life in the converted farm valued at $1,57m
This is the residence where Victoria was pregnant with their second son, Romeo. The converted farm house it was quite big for the 3+ family, with 5 bedrooms, and indoor pool and a gym.
4. 1999-2015 Rowneybury House (aka Beckingham Palace) in Sawbridgeworth $3.14m
The 24 acres residence is located in Sawbridgeworth on the Hertfordshire/Essex border. This was once a disabled home for boys owned by the local council. All the repairs and refurbishing of the mansion where approximately $3.8m.
Victoria said in an interview: ‘It’s an old house and I’ve themed every room.
‘There’s a room like a tart’s boudoir, with leopard-print everywhere and a mirrored ceiling. Then there’s our bedroom, which is virginal and white, with a big four-poster oak bed.
‘The hall is camp, with bright red walls, a huge, tacky chandelier and thick velvet curtains.’
5. 2003-2016 The holiday home near St Tropez, cost $1.88m
The house has only! 34 rooms, a heated pool, its own vineyard and a private chapel.
6. 2005-2015 The Madrid residence, bought for $4,52m.
The residence that the Beckham couple bought in Madrid stood most of the time almost empty because Victoria never moved to Spain with the children, the only time when all the family was here was the time where Victoria and her sons came and visit David.The five-bedroom house in La Moraleja, near Madrid stood completely empty when David moved to America (2007) and after several years was sold for $5,28m.
7. 2007 to present day. Mediterranean-style home in Los Angeles – $13,82m.
The house was bought by the time when David signed with LA Galaxy in 2007. The six bedroom villa was completely redesigned by Kelly Hoppen.
8. 2013 to present day. The mansion in The West London’s swish Holland Park, cost $26,9m.
After David retirement from football, the whole family set again to their roots. The 9,000 sq ft house with eight bedrooms and seven bathrooms had a approximately $5m budget. According to the plans that where submitted to the council, the house included the construction of a gym and spa/ massage area on the lower ground floor, 2 boot rooms for storage and an entertaining room.
Thank you for reading this article!